Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Work Appropriate Bathing Suit

Does such a thing exist?

Let me back up. So I have this surfing trip in Delaware with my co-workers coming up a week from Saturday and one of them is going to teach the rest of us how to surf on his three fantastic surf boards. I'm looking forward to it because I haven't been surfing since Senior Week in high school so it's going to be interesting... but what do I wear?

None of the suits I own now are super slutty or anything, but they're not all that conservative, certainly not enough for me to feel comfortable baring it all in front of my male co-workers (don't want any wives or girlfriends throwing stones at me), and none of them are surfing appropriate so that I don't flash the world.

According to my friend Erin, I should wear a burka...nice.

My sister-in-law told me I should go for long board shorts and "a cute top." Well there's a start I guess.

Other suggestions - a tankini. I haven't worn a tankini since I was in the 4th grade. I can't do the one piece because even that can be scandalous in the bikini line area.

And to paraphrase my friend Jess - will I have to go with a poncho?

I was thinking maybe boy shorts style and sports bra-like top but I don't know. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm still going with a burka--that is *definitely* modest enough! Or just pretend your European and go nude. Just a thought...

wes285 said...

you pretty much dont want to wear anything other than board shrots and a surf shirt. otherwise you're gonna get rashes and burns all over your body from the constant rubbing against the board