Thursday, August 28, 2008

Don't Sunbathe Topless!

Big Brother Google Earth is watching!

My boyfriend and I talked about this over dinner last night when I brought up the "boulder hunting" story (see previous post) and I was sort of put off thinking about how technology has now made this possible.

Google Earth will in fact find you naked, topless, playing twister, whatever in your own backyard. There's even a website devoted to it - WARNING: DO NOT OPEN THIS ON A WORK COMPUTER: Google Sightings.

I understand I'm probably a little behind on this, and if you're sunbathing topless in your backyard you're probably also bold enough not to care who sees you, but really, doesn't it seem to be a bit much that the whole world is able to zoom around your property after a swift look in the phone book for your address? You're probably thinking, well who is going to take the time to look up a specific person's address... just need a zip code really and I'm sure 90210 comes to mind for several seekers of naked people. You could also just search "Nice, France" or "Barcelona, Spain" or...

Omg, Tom Cruise let Katie Holmes out of the house?! I see them almost to their car... where are they going...

2 comments:

Erin said...

What I want to know is who takes the time to search for these things, poring over millions of gritty frames from Google Earth.

(Tad)

Lauren Effron said...

hahahahahaahahahahaha