Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Elevator Ride With Ted Koppel


Here's a play-by-play of what happened yesterday:

Me, the jolly, bright-eyed, young PA merrily carrying a camera and her script to the elevator on the fourth floor to head down to the audio rooms on the first floor.

As I get close, I notice the doors are about to close so I call out, "No wait! Hold it for me!"

A silver-haired fox who was shorter than I pushed the "Door Open" button.

I sort of lightly leap into the elevator. "Thank you, sir," I said, smiling and I pushed "1*".

"Mmm hmm," said a gruff voice.

As I back into elevator riding position, my mind snapped, then began to scream.

"Oh my God! IT'S TED KOPPEL! Should I say something? Should I say I loved his China piece? I didn't actually watch it. What if he asks me..."

Ted Koppel gets off at Floor 3 and turns right towards the parking garage. The doors close.

"Who do I tell?!?!" Everyone.

Tad's response when I told him: Lol nice. [I'm sure] he was like, "who is this clown who's asking ME to hold the elevator."

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh. My. God.

(that said, you should find a way to watch the China piece. It was amazingness.)