Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's hard having a "famous" brother

Actual email exchange between my brother and me...

To: Zach Effron
From: Lauren Effron
Subject: stop being so famous
Oct. 27, 2008 3:23 PM

I was at a leadership alumni tailgate for Maryland's homecoming this weekend because I'm a big dork like that and I was, of course, wearing a name tag that said "Lauren Effron." However, forgetting I was wearing said name tag, I made a complete ass out of myself when some random guy said to me, "You must be really proud of your brother with all his recent success." Being confused and awkward because I thought, "maybe I should know who this person is?" I fumbled out a "yeah, thanks, I didn't know you knew my brother!" He looked at me strangely and then went back to serving food.

He meant this guy - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27363875/

===========================================

To: Lauren Effron
From: Zach Effron
Subject: stop being so famous
Oct. 27, 2008 4:01 PM

ha! that's a pretty funny story. I was buying clothes friday night, and the woman behind the counter asked for my name. When I gave it to her, she looked very confused and suspicious. When I finally asked her if everything was ok, she told me she thought I was making my name up!

4 comments:

weisskies said...

YOUR BROTHER'S NAME IS ZACH????

eff, how did i never know this!?

Erin said...

hahahaha - that's hilarious!

Lauren Effron said...

I don't know... it was never an issue until about three years ago. Damn high school musical haha

Tad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.