Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Charlie Brown-ist Christmas tree you ever did see



I know it's not much, but as a recent college grad, I girl-scouted my way into bringing Christmas cheer into our humble home the best I could with this Charlie Brown Christmas tree.

Tad's parents graciously lent us a put-together-yourself six footer. The Christmas lights were once a year-round dorm room decoration (naturally), and the snowflakes I made myself with a simple folding and cutting technique I learned in, well, 5th grade girl scounts. I think Martha would be a little bit proud.

For all you Thankgiving enthusiasts out there - people who believe Thanksgiving should be honored before Christmas tramples all over it - I hear you and I apologize. My family has a tradition to put up our Christmas tree after Thanksgiving dinner. In my mind it was almost that time anyway so I was itching to get on with the project. My Monday nights are always the most exciting.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Aw, I love it!

Some of us don't even have Christmas trees... *insert sad face here*

Lauren Effron said...

Aww you should get one! Nick Chamberlain is on a mission to chop one down himself this year

Brandon said...

Fact...

Every year I cut down a tree with my bare hands. This year it may be two... I am also decorating one for my apartment. I challenge you to a tree-off.

Brandon Hall

Adaora said...

You need to go to a thrift store. I decorated my tree for less than $10. :)