Wednesday, December 17, 2008

You know the economy is bad when...

Discovery Channel Christmas Party 2007: The company rented out the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. for a formal, black-tie ball. Complete with performers, open bar, dinner and dancing.

Discovery Channel Christmas Party 2008: The company rented out half of the main room upstairs at an "Irish" pub in Silver Spring (we shared the other half of the room with a nurses union Christmas party). Complete with open bar, spinach dip and performers i.e. karaoke.

My boss and I rocked the house on my signature karaoke song, "I Love Rock 'n' Roll." One coworker keeps calling me Joan Jett.

Health Update: Had the root canal EARLY this morning. It went well I guess, but then again I have nothing to compare it to. My dentist said I was a "textbook case" which was supposed to mean it was an easy procedure, and I'm supposed to be pain-free by tomorrow.

When I came into work after my appointment, my jaw and tongue were so swollen and numb from the Novocain that I had a really hard time saying hard consonants or using proper inflection. I had to stop having verbal conversations with people because they couldn't keep it together when I sounded like a mobster from Brooklyn holding his tongue between his fingers. It was worse than this:


(Thanks Wes)

I'm doing okay; my jaw aches from have it pried open for over an hour but nothing around the root canal site. I get the fake tooth out this coming Tuesday! Yay!

3 comments:

weisskies said...

i'm gonna be honest-as long as there's an open bar, i'd be cool with a company xmas party that was held off the side of the gw parkway.

also, LOVE that clip...i've def fallen out of my west wing routine, but i think you've inspired me to get back into the swing of things!

Lauren Effron said...

It was so painful to laugh at that clip yesterday but I COMPLETELY understood what C.J. was going through.

Sigh, I love that show :)

Tad said...

you say you weren't as bad as CJ yesterday but some might beg to differ........