Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Going to Work on a Snowy Morning


Being out of school really sucks the fun out of waking up to a snowy morning.

Here's how my yard and neighborhood looked at 7:30 a.m. this morning. A good half inch or so and no plowed roads.







Coming into work was treacherous. I prepared myself no less than five times to have my car slam into the sidewalk or embankment because none of the roads were plowed in my county. By the time I got to work, it really was coming down. About an inch on the ground by now, and you can see how much was falling in the shadow of the metro overpass.



View from my floor at work at 9 a.m., which you can see the nicely plowed roads in Montgomery (I'm such an old woman, complaining about plowed roads).



I've already gotten some heat from Midwesterners and New Englanders for documenting the storm, but coming from the Shore where snow fall over a dusting happens once every 10 years, I find any snow fall enchanting.

No comments: