Thursday, February 12, 2009

Another "Explosion"

Some people get the flu, or a cold and maybe once in a while, a stomach ache, but my body doesn't seem to work like that.

No, my body likes to "explode."

I haven't had the flu or a cold in over a year - and that's with being flu shot-free - but I have managed to catch the most random sicknesses.

I suffered with a heavy gross cough for eight months about a year ago and was tested for allergies, asthma, bronchitis and TB before they discovered it was E.coli in my lungs. They think I go it from my visit to a farm on my Italy study abroad trip. Two months ago my tooth "exploded" and what sick valentine did February bring me this year?

A kidney stone.

Don't worry, I'm not going to post pictures of the stone or go into too much detail, but I will say having a kidney stone is one of the most uncomfortable and gross things I've ever gone through - like the worst period cramps combined with heart burn between your legs. I spent four hours at two different doctors offices to get checked out and an ultrasound on Monday and have never drank so much liquid in my whole life. I wouldn't wish kidney stones on my worst enemy.

The hilarious part was that my promotion to Associate Producer of News and Topics was finalized not 48 hours before I started having symptoms. I didn't want to blog about that because so many of my friends and loved ones are out of jobs right now and can't get hired anywhere, but talk about emotional roller coaster.

1 comment:

NoRhythmWhiteGuy said...

Have you been drinking a lot of tea? I know from close-to personal experience that this can be a catalyst for stones. Though you don't sound worried, hang in there, a small change in diet can prevent this pelvis paining predicament.