Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Epic Nerd WIN

I was sitting in a brainstorming meeting yesterday with a vice president of our Digital Media group, a bunch of Digital Media executive producers and support staff when it happened.

We have these meetings once in a while to go over upcoming Discovery shows and discuss what can we build online to support them or use the show to draw attention to our department. The EP in charge of a show coming down the pike came up with the idea of using a prototype from a foreign game he found online.

EP: "It's awesome - really fun to play - but all of the instructions are in Japanese so it took me a while to figure it out..."

Me: "Does it say 'All Your Base Are Belong To Us?'

The room was dead silent for .8 seconds and in that moment I thought I was going to throw up. I thought I had said something too random and ridiculous to be funny - or sound intelligent. At one full second, everyone got it at once, the room collapsed into giggles and I stopped reaching for my Pepto chewables.

For those of you who don't understand what I'm talking about ... read ... then watch ...



I cannot begin to tell you how proud Tad was of me when I told him.

2 comments:

Tad said...

What you say !!

themedianerd said...

hahah there's no better title for this post than "Epic Nerd WIN!" :)