Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Name Game

I was once anti-blogging just a short time ago and here I sit. A full-fledged blogger just a year or so later.

Always Fishing has been going strong since January 2008. It started when I needed an outlet to complain about creepy, old parking attendants leering at me and getting in my face to ask me out when all I was trying to do was park my car in the garage.

Since it's conception, I've had numerous people ask me where I came up with the name "Always Fishing." Do you go fishing a lot? Are you fishing for compliments? Are you a born again Christian and you need announce your love for Jesus with referencing the fish?

No, no and definitely no.

About 16 months ago, I had a dream that I was blogging for an online D.C. community magazine and the name of my blog was "Always Fishing." No explanation in the dream as to why. I was just typing away on a piece for the magazine - I don't recall what it was about. I woke up the next morning, thought about how random it was, mulled it over, kept getting hit on, got frustrated and decided to make one of my dreams come true.

2 comments:

Tad said...

i think you should rename your blog "High Fives from Jesus." just a suggestion.

ndc1520 said...

hahahaha yes, Tad, yes.