Thursday, April 23, 2009

Oh Maureen

On most days, I admire Maureen Dowd. In fact, enjoy her.

Most days, I'm giving the NY Times columnist a big fist pump and a good laugh when I read her saucy, smart sentences dripping... no... seeping, drowning in sarcasm that points out obvious flaws on everything from your meat and potatoes politics to your whipped fluff celebrity foul-ups.

But today, I was left with indigestion. In her latest column, Dowd goes Rambo on the founders of Twitter. OF TWITTER?!?! Saying "I would rather be tied up to stakes in the Kalahari Desert, have honey poured over me and red ants eat out my eyes than open a Twitter account."

Weak sauce, Maureen. I mean come on. Twitter's logo is a PEEP chick. You couldn't have gone off on the "Craigslist Killer" or Obama's speech today on why people must resist racism (again)?

The interview is definitely worth reading. Hilarious because the Twitter guys keep right in step with her and lash back with saying "I'm a vegan" when Dowd asks them why in the hell would they care if their friends knew they were eating cheeseburgers. But Dowd just comes off as another angry, old biddy who's upset that technology is ruining everything. EVERYTHING!

The best part of all of this - I found out about this story on Twitter this morning. HA!

It's all over the online news now, but I thought the L.A. Times had the best wrap-up of the story, which starts out explaining the Maureen Dowd Twitter account is a fake, and then launches into the obvious reason why. You can read here.

2 comments:

Erin said...

MoDo for President!

Ellie Falaris said...

P.S. Mark Millian wrote that LA Times story. what a coincidence