Thursday, May 14, 2009

Heffron Ranked 2,337

One of my friends had this link in her gchat away, "How popular is your last name?" and intrigued, I thought I'd give it a try.

Going by the 2000 Census (so says the site)...

Only 340 people share the last name "Effron" with me, but a whopping 2,337 people have "Heffron" as a last name. I guess those Polish/Russian ancestors had a thicker accent than my side of the family.

Curious "Efron" didn't come up in their database. I've had scores of people ask me if High School Musical teen pop star Zac Efron is my brother. No, but Zach Effron who's 29 and works for Goldman IS my brother. See..



Zac Efron. Famous. Teenager. Not my brother. (left)

Vs.

Zach Effron. Not famous. Not a teenager. Is my brother.(right)

It's a dream of mine to one day meet Zac Efron, flash my driver's license and get cut a deal on the family fortune. Or at least invited to some hollywood parties.

No comments: