Thursday, May 21, 2009

"I Have To Do This Reality TV Show To Support My Family"

Or as Jorge put it: FDR Comparison FAIL!

After Rod Blagojevich was denied a bid to travel out of the country to tape "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!," his wife, Patti has graciously stepped in to fill his place.

Why? Well just like regular people in America, they have a mortgage and children so Patti says she needs to work. And why join a board of directors of some billion dollar non-profit like regular millionaires when you can use money from a reality TV show to pay a personal chef to make organic mac & cheese for the kids? Pffft. Sold.

"I do want to say how proud I am of Patti. You know, she's willing to step up and do something like go into the jungle," Rod said. "Neither one of us are celebrities; I prefer to be compared to people like Theodore Roosevelt and Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman and others in history, not these comparisons."

Seriously - they're high right? Or at least delusional?

1 comment:

Tad said...

yes, i do remember all those fair comparisons between rod and FDR, Teddy, and Truman. wait what?