Friday, June 26, 2009

Phew! What a Week!

Goodness gracious! You come back from vacation and the whole media world is on fire!

I haven't had much time to catch my breath, and every time I sit down to blog, it seems like something else erupts! So here's two weeks worth of missed blogging in 3 minutes or less...

Avon was amazing. The long, warm, sandy beaches, the brilliant blue ocean, the lazy book-reading afternoons, the no computer (which I thoroughly enjoyed, actually)... I most definitely want to retire there. It was simply delicious to not do much more than sit on the beach, drink coronas, and eat fish caught hours before I relished in its seafood goodness. Fine by me!

I will say this though, without a doubt, that Maryland knows how to do crabs WAY better than North Carolina, but don't fret, NC. Your tangy BBQ is untouchable.



Work has been insane, trying to catch up. The DC Metro accident happened and as a result I had to put together a timeline on horrific subway wrecks around the world. Pleasant, and my idea so I can only blame myself haha.

Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson all died this week, completing the death trilogy. Such a loss to the entertainment industry, but I have to fully agree with Erin. I paid tribute to them all by watching old Tonight Show and Charlie's Angels clips, and have been rocking out to Michael Jackson songs since last night.

Scary though, is that friends and I agree that Michael Jackson's obit and the video montage that all of the news station keep running was probably out together months, even years ago. Just like Britney Spear's obit was prepared last year when she went nuts and was put on suicide watch.

We also learned that it only takes one to break the Internet.

I cooked dinner at my apartment for seven friends last night, where chicken, pasta and cupcakes were consumed and multiple bottles of wine were poured. MJ played, friends who hadn't been there oo'd and ahh'd over our new place, good stories swapped... It was delightful and so wonderful to be back, hanging out with such good people.

Erin updated our 3 p.m on Sunday blog (Thanks Erin!) so we've made up for two weeks of lost Sundays.

Friday so far has been a work day of more work programs crashing and a big, impromptu Michael Jackson dance party in the hallway.

Phew! What a week! And those are only the highlights. Not sure what's going on for this weekend et. I'm hoping to maybe find a bar that's doing Michael Jackson night or perhaps sneak onto the set of the movie Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Rudd and Reese Witherspoon are filming in Adams Morgan.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Nice post Lauren - you should watch Moonwalker to celebrate MJ. Hilarious piece of work, it is.

周星馳Star said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.