Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thunderstorm Photos

I took these photos of a massive thunderstorm moving across the D.C. area today with my simple Canon digital camera. This is in sequence from 4:32 p.m. - 5:05 p.m. as the weather monster rolled over our building right before it POURED. I can't remember the last time I saw clouds as intense and defined as this and the sky turn a putrid navy grey and aquamarine green.

Never have I wanted a wider lens more than now haha.







Coworkers looking on at the storm...




This was the weirdest thing of all... this crazy Eye of Sauron cloud swirl.










Random whale cloud!

Other side of the building, facing east (roughly).




I <3 weather.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Woah. That's crazy!

Graham Garvie said...

awesome photos! my roommates were shocked to hear that i slept through the early morning portion of this

Dave said...

Looks like doomsday... awesome shots!

周星馳Star said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.