Wednesday, July 22, 2009

huh.

When I lived in New York City two summers ago, I stayed in a Columbia University dorm and became pretty tight with other college kids my age who were also renting dorm rooms for the summer. I got along really well with one guy in particular, but then had to cut off the friendship in the end when he developed feelings for me, despite the fact we were both tied up in serious, long-distance relationships. To him it was romantic, like something out of Random Hearts only without all the death. To me, it was uncomfortable.

I haven't talked to him since but he popped up on Facebook today and out of curiosity, I clicked to see what he was doing. He was happily married over a year ago to the girl he was madly in love with from the start, but then wanted to throw it all away, "just for fun," with me that summer.

Huh. Life makes me laugh sometimes.

No comments: