Monday, September 14, 2009

Choose your words wisely

from Ben Johnson
to Lauren Effron
date Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 4:16 PM
subject Re: Sushi night

Complete non sequitur: Has he proposed yet?

I didn't think so, but when I was at dinner with Weiss & Co. in Korea, she mentioned something about you going out shopping for wedding dresses.

Hmm...do you want to be in charge of the wine? My fave Sauvignon blanc is from Monkey Bay. The year doesn't matter though...I'm not a big enough snob to actually pay attention to the vintage. Cheesecake is sort of hard to pair. I think I'll just make a raspberry sauce so it'll go with a Shiraz. So does bringing a bottle of Sauvingon blanc and one of Shiraz sound good?
=======================================================

from Lauren Effron
to Ben Johnson
date Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 4:27 PM
subject Re: Sushi night

Re: Tad proposing -- Uhhhh.... what? Please explain that more. Definitely NOT shopping for a wedding dress and no idea how Weiss got that idea.

Re: Wine... sure that's fine. I know exactly what you're talking about.
=======================================================

from Ben Johnson
to Lauren Effron
date Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM
subject Re: Sushi night

Yeah...I was a little confused.

It was at this group dinner; I had just met Erin for the first time and she mentioned that she majored in broadcast journalism. So I asked her if she knew you or Elise. Then Weiss cut in and said something like, "Ben?! Lauren and Erin are bffs! They go wedding dress shopping together."

Maybe she was talking about bridesmaids dresses or something? I'm a guy -- my Y chromosome genetically predisposes me to going comatose when girls talk about dresses and stuff.
=======================================================

from Lauren Effron
to Ben Johnson
date Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 4:52 PM
subject Re: Sushi night

Jesus christ, Ben! She was playing around!!! Haha no one is getting married!!! She was just saying that Erin and I were so close we would go wedding dress shopping together *some day*. Christ, I actually got heart palpitations.

Also, I'm SO blogging about this :)
=======================================================

from Ben Johnson
to Lauren Effron
date Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 5:02 PM
subject Re: Sushi night

Wow...my bad. Sorry for giving you heart trouble.

I really wasn't paying attention.

I did actually photograph a wedding in Washington State though a few months ago. It was at a lighthouse and reminded me of the verdant imagery in Snow Falling on Cedars.

And if you're blogging about it, here's a pretty picture I took of the bride's dress for the post!

=======================================================

from Lauren Effron
to Ben Johnson
date Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 5:05 PM
subject Re: Sushi night

Done! and very pretty! Perhaps you can photograph my wedding WHICH IS NOT HAPPENING ANY TIME SOON