Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My coworkers hate playing the age game with me

Me: Hey! How was your vacation? You were in Yellowstone right?
Coworker: Yeah, it was great. Beautiful. Relaxing. Took tons of photos.
Me: Sounds awesome.
CNN on coworker's office TV pops up with a story: 'Yellowstone remains open despite wildfiles.'
Coworker: Wow, yeah, we just missed all of that! Hey, do you remember that devistating fire they had out there back in '89?
Me: Ummm... no.
Coworker: Really? It was all over the news?
Me: You don't want to know how old I was in '89.
Coworker: Oh, that's right, you were like 12 or something, right?
Me: I was 3.
Coworker: Get out of my office.

5 comments:

Elise said...

hahaha C'mon, Lauren, even I remember the fire in 89.

Sam Laz said...

My co-workers also hate to play the age game with me. They were talking about Prince and his "Purple Rain" album, and I interjected with a fun fact.
They asked me if I had it when it came out, but I mentioned I wasn't even born yet.

They told me to never talk again.

Jess said...

Bahaha it happens all the time to me too!

Tad said...

hahahahahaha

Kelvin Robinson said...

hahaha, this happens on a daily basis in my newsroom