Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Don't need to say 'Don't forget to write'

Erin is back stateside and it's almost like she never left.

I've blogged about her several times before, as my good friend who was teaching English in South Korea for an entire year. She came back late last week and through meeting up for lunch and then a dinner together, you would have never known she was gone at all just by watching us.

How fast a year can fly for one thing, but the other thing is without current technology, I don't know if I would have felt this same feeling of, "oh hey Erin, it's nice to see you again, now it's just a bonus that it's in person" when we talk. It's been amazing to see her, but we kept in constant conversation through email, Facebook, blogging, video chat and out joint photo blog project, 3 p.m. on Sunday, (which we've decided to keep going for now, even though we're no longer 7,000 miles apart) throughout the year, that I don't feel such a drastic change.

She's even all up-to-date on my work and recent outings, just as I know that the last class she taught was a cooking class and she's still getting over jetlag (13 hour time difference can be quite difficult to handle, even after a short trip).

When Erin first went abroad for an extended time, we were still in college and I was very upset, thinking I was losing a dear friend and therefore a dear part of me. But emails and facebook posts and blogging flowed then and since, and now that she's already talking about leaving again for New Zealand in February, my "please don't go's" have turned into "once again, I'm jealous, but bon voyage!"

I don't even need to say, "don't forget to write." I know she will. It's what we do best.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

this...is...ADORABLE!!