Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's getting weirder by the day

Two days ago, Tad and I received our first "Save the Date" wedding invitation that was addressed to both of us. They're good friends of mine. Tad has only met the couple one time.

A few days ago, a coworker asked me at a work happy hour, "So what does your husband do?"

Two weeks ago, Tad asked his mother to please send me this recipe for one of his favorite dishes so I could learn how to make it, to which she replied, "No way! Not until you put a ring on her finger!"

A few weeks ago, my mother asked me, "Would you and Tad like to host Thanksgiving this year at your place?" and when I responded, "Uhh, are you out of your mind?!" she said, "Oh okay, well will you be spending Thanksgiving with his family or with us?"

We're thinking we're just going to hold out as long as possible -- at least until we win the $100 bet with Erin that Tad will propose to me by my 25th birthday. She says yes, I say no way -- then elope and tell everyone a few years later.

1 comment:

Emily said...

It's okay; I lived with my male, gay best friend for a year after college. Everyone in the apartment complex thought we were engaged. People asked us when we were getting married. Chris and I went along with it. He calls me "Wifey" and has been known to make an appearance in my family photos. My mother calls him her son. :)