Monday, December 7, 2009

Ugh, GAP carolers

Thank you, Tad for finding this holiday jem. Best line of the article by far...

"Plaid? Really? That’s the hot new thing? Lumberjack chic? Are we all gonna get together this year and make pancakes? I’m not buying a plaid shirt for $45, not when I have 37 plaid shirts that I owned back in 1992 sitting comfortably in my attic."

Now Is the Winter of GAP’s Very Plaid Discontent, NBC Philadelphia

Now I don't know much about advertising, but I completely agree with Magray because I remember John Krasinski for rainbow scarfs and 'Mellow Yellow' cords. Sad.

But even those weren't as bad as GAP's 2009 theme, 'GET CHEER! C-H-E-E-R! WOOO.' Not to mention that the "how cute are these boots? How cute are these boots?" song gets stuck in my head all the time like I'm a substitute teacher being held captive by a preppy private school Kindergarten class.



Ahhhhh make it stop!!! Also, I never in a million years would have known they were saying 'moose' had I not looked up this video.

4 comments:

Benjamin said...

I just now recognized Rashida Jones (Karen) at the end of the Mellow Yellow ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Hu6up9Xng#t=0m27s

Thought Ellie Kemper (Erin) was cute last week, even in plaid. If it wasn't for her, the Scott's Tots segments of the episode would have been impossible to sit through.

And with Krasinski in the rainbow scarves, this post is quite the odd Office/GAP nexus.

Lauren Effron said...

WOW! You're right! Hahaha too funny.

Also, as another friend pointed out, they weren't even wearing yellow.

Adam Z. Winer said...

Umm... this video creeps me out...

Emily said...

I get so, so freaked out by that little blond girl staring right into the camera...