Sunday, January 10, 2010

Maybe I rang in the New Year too strong?

It is so true what they say about daytime television -- it will make any sick person beat the illness out of them for fear of death by horrible writing and tacky people.

The slave master bronchitis whipped my ass good starting Monday morning and finally beat me down midday Thursday, when I asked to work the rest of the day from home, and ended up in the ER with shortness of breath, tightness in my chest and fear of pneumonia (it wasn't). I spent Friday at home. And Saturday. And today.

Oh my God, get me well.

Not leaving the apartment since Thursday evening -- except to sneak out on the balcony for a few minutes to get my daily dose of fresh air -- has made me stir crazy and susceptible to awful TV watching. The Magic Bullet demonstration marathon (they practically have their own channel), Joan Rivers selling necklaces on QVC, cartoons and worst of all -- Keeping Up with the Kardashians (why are they famous again?) only to name a few.

In my finer hours, I also managed to watch a three-hour special about how the dinosaurs actually died (it was a combination of the world ending and disease), The Weather Channel (did you know it was 17 degrees in Atlanta today?), all of the news channels (FOX can be pretty funny) and 28 episodes of West Wing on DVD -- why yes, that is one full season and almost half of another.

I can't tell if my eyes hurt from my body trying to cough my lungs into oblivion or from doing the only thing I felt I could do when I wasn't sleeping.

Thankfully, I'm feeling better and have never been more excited to return to work tomorrow, to feel like I can contribute to the world once more.

No comments: