Thursday, January 21, 2010

Where does your love map take you?

Mine said I was a Builder/Director.

One of my coworkers and good friends Kasey interviewed Dr. Helen Fisher, author of "Why Him, Why Her" and founder of Chemistry.com. Dr. Fisher developed a personality test that helps people align their traits with others that fit well with their characteristics. Sort of like the Myers-Briggs test drunk on love and dipped in relationship juice.

Kasey passed it around the office and after eight pages of questions, Dr. Fisher's test said I was trustworthy, loyal and challenging, as well as I'm the executive type, efficient, respectful of schedules and social.

Some of the questions weirded me out -- like "what color best explains your personality?: Royal Blue, Red, Forest Green, Yellow." I picked Royal Blue because that's my favorite color, but I wonder if it means I'm less fun or something. Either way, Kasey tells me that Builder/Director is the same personality type of powerful political women.

Done. I'm running for Congress.

And I'm supposed to be with someone who is "devoted to family, sensible with money, responsible with possessions, compassionate, and wants to have detailed and informed conversations." Sounds about right.

See where you match up. Take the test here.

4 comments:

Simone said...

"You are also highly compassionate. You care deeply about others. So you are inclined to make personal sacrifices to be a supportive friend and colleague. And you are idealistic and altruistic; you like to work to improve the world."

I'll take it!

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) said...

Oooh... I want to play!

I'm a builder/negotiator.

"You enjoy building social relationships. You have excellent verbal and people skills. You are talented at achieving solutions to complex problems so that all involved feel fulfilled. You have a hard headed too. You tend to respect rules, schedules and routines."

Lauren Effron said...

I still don't know how I feel about these tests. Kasey SWEARS by it, but I mean sometimes I'm laid back and go with the flow, and sometime I'm aggressive. How are you going to pigeonhole me?

Yay Erin for being builder buddies! Simone, I'm guess you were Explorer?

Brandon said...

builder/negotiator