Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Final Post... For Now

Believe or not, my life has dramatically changed since I last contributed an entry to my blog that once received so much love.

Over the course of a few short weeks, I've landed a new job working in New York, which means I'm leaving Discovery and D.C. behind (btw, for those of you who keep asking me what the deal is with the enormous shark on the Discovery building, that's Chompie. He's a promotion for Shark Week, starting Aug. 1).


Photo by the AMAZING Dan Plimpton

It's bittersweet. This area has been a great home to me for the past six years and Tad and I have a lot of friends and family here, but we're ready for a new adventure. The Big Apple, baby!

It's funny too how many New York people I've reconnected with since I made the new job/new city announcement last week. Kids from college who have moved up there, people I used to work with when I was an intern there, friends who have put me in touch with friends... I feel like I already have a welcoming party waiting to greet me.

I say this is the final post for now because Always Fishing has been my D.C. blog for so long, I sort of feel like I should leave it behind and begin a new blogging venture. I haven't decided yet. One thing is for sure, I bid you adieu, fair readers, for now, and thanks for your support. I'll see you in New York!

11 comments:

Dave Mosher said...

Your moving here (aka NYC) will come with a complimentary beer, courtesy of me. Lemme know when you're all settled in!

Bëan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hajarwan said...

Hi,
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. Great post, concise and easy to understand. I like this post..

I found out that this blog is very interesting and informative.
Best of luck to you!

Cheers,
Top Fishing Games

prateek_sethi said...

nice blog....
SEO Services in India , E - Commerce Solution, Website Designing

kevin21 said...

Amelie Shearling Boot

Caroline Ballet Flat Tory Burch Sale

Cheetah Reva Ballet Flat

Tory Burch Amelie Shearling

Tory Burch Christal Boot

Tory Burch Christal High Heel Boot Review

Tory Burch Duck Boots

Tory Burch Flats

Tory Burch Flip Flops

Tory Burch Model Tb0151

Tory Burch Riding Boot

Internet Web Design and Development said...

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.

carl can said...

I am to submit a report on this niche your post has been very very helpfull san franscisco windshield replacement

Adim said...

Great information you have shared with us. I just want to leave a little comment to support you. Your post is great. Thanks for sharing this post.

Ready-Made Writing Logo

justin albert said...

Very good blog, keep up the good work, thank you!

Customize Facebook Fan Page

Jenefer Maron said...

Today I went online and found your blog really amazing, I think you have an amazing creativity I am happy to learn from you even can't be met in the real world.
Family Portrait Photographers

lunettesdesoleilparis said...

lunettes de soleil pas cher

lunettes de soleil pas cher 2012

lunettes de soleil Gucci

lunettes de soleil D&G

lunettes de soleil Armani